Saturday, November 22, 2008

Studying Korean Again...

My alarm goes off at 7 am, as I had set it for, allowing myself one hour to get ready. But, I continued to press the snooze button until I could snooze no more. I slept overnite at the Korean Grand Spa, a 24 hour place that is similar to a jim jil bang, but, the sleeping room has these foam mats you get to sleep on, and the floor is heated, and the men's rooms are segregated from the women/s. So, Saturday morning I get ready to go to my Korean language class. I'm running late because I HAD to sleep in. Luckily, I catch a bus and walk into class only 2 or 3 minutes late, and am the first to arrive! The rest of the class gets there eventually as well. We are a small class of only 5 students. It was our last class of the quarter. We will have a final exam in 2 weeks. I'll probably be a studying hermit until then; I'd like to do well on the test, and make some effort towards my Korean studies!

During class, one of the students mentioned about the Korean raisin bread. I have been craving this for some time now. So, after class I ventured on a hunt for a Korean bakery for the raisin bread. I came to the PARIS BAGUETTE in Koreatown, Los Angeles, and found something suitable to eat, though not exactly what I was looking for. And, right next door to the bakery was a pc bang (internet cafe). So, I decided to take a peak into the pac bang.

Tonite I have to get my laundry done. And, start thinking about what to bring for our school potluck...I'm thinking of making homemade bread pudding, buying tamales, or making a chile and egg casserole. Hmmm...so many choices!

No comments: