Monday, July 23, 2007

summer school in cheonan

It was our first day of summer school at our English academy. There are 8 students in my first class, comprised of 6 middle school boys and 2 elementary girls. (We are supposed to be a "conversation class", though the curriculum seems otherwise, the curriculum THEY/the schol gave me to use.)

Our class went something like this; first introduce yourself; then talk about what time you got up and did you eat breakfast and what did you eat. By the time we were done with these "preliminaries" there was like 10 minutes left of class, for "real" teaching. But, I think all the time is learning time, whether it is directly or indirectly. So, as for me, I had a blast with this class.

The student's abilities range in that class from very good understanding to not catching all that I say. We laughed alot in class, these students are a good bunch, and I am looking forward to working with them this summer.

No comments: