Friday, October 12, 2007

love never fails

I've been staying at a friend's house for the past week. She has these beautiful but dying plants on her veranda. One morning when we were doen eating breakfast together, she got up to water her plants. There is this one particular plant that she kept watering little by little every day. It became a bud, and then it bloomed, into a flower!! It is the most elegant shade of pink you have ever seen. As I pondered on this plant and what my friend Jo has been doing for it, it reminded me of relationships and people. As Jo watered the plant and it grew into a budding flower (I'll try to put up a picture of it later), so too, as we love others it helps them grow. Lately Jo, and many others, have been "loving on me", and, if it weren't for them, I might not be where I'm at today. I know that is true! I have alot more to write, but for now, I have ALOT of thinking to do about my future. Should I stay a 3rd year teaching in Korea? Or study Korean? Or fly to another country? Or go back home? Or work on a TESOL certificate at home? Visit my friend in China? So many things to think about. Fortunately, I have OPTIONS!!

No comments: