Thursday, December 6, 2007

the unexpected life~

I have too much time on my hands if I can write more than one blog today. Well, it is true. Yesterday I met the general manager of a local popular restraunt, including his team of supervisors. We talked for a nice, long time. He said he'd call me TODAY to inform me of his decision, but he made it sound so positive. In the back of my mind I was wondering about what his hesitation was, and why didn't he just hire me on the spot? On the other hand, I do like the extra time if has afforded me to THINK more about the position, and to get even more EXCITED about it everytime I think about it. Mind you, I have been teaching English in Korea for the past 2 years, so this would be my FIRST job in the states in that amount of time. I SHOULD spend some time thinking about it!! So, the phone's been ringing this morning, but, it hasn't been the GM (general manager) yet. What am I going to do today? I thought I'd do some extra cleaning, always a good thing, and will keep my parents happy. I'm also planning to walk around the neighborhood to SOAK IN AND ENJOY the California WARM sunshine!!! That is one thing I absolutely LOVE about southern California. Having said that, I'll get some extra time today to rest, relax, make a few phone calls, and read my Bible. I love how one of my friends told me recently, that God has something BETTER in store for us. I'm looking for that, His goodness, in my life; I believe that I have it, but I also believe He's giving me this time with my family and friends as a SPECIAL GIFT, so I want to ENJOY it as much as possible.

No comments: