Friday, December 10, 2010

A Christmas Carol

Every year one of our family Christmas traditions has been a girls night out. During the holidays we would get together and see a musical performance. Sometimes with the girl cousins and aunties, and sometimes just my immediate family with my mom and sister. As of late, we hadn't continued in this tradition because for a while my sister and I were traveling for our jobs and hadn't always been around during the holidays at the same time. However, this year is different. We're both around!! So, last night my mom gave us a lovely Christmas present and we watched "A Christmas Carol" as a live performance. Even though I've grown up with most of all the holiday and seasonal stories, I was not familiar with this one. It was a "first" moment for me. If you are familiar with the storyline of A Christmas Carol then you'll know what I mean: it left me with a warm feeling inside. If you're not familiar with the storyline then I would highly recommend you read the book or rent the movie and watch. Thanks, Mom for that holiday treat!!

No comments: