Monday, August 8, 2011

48 Days to the Work You Love

I am currently listening to an audio book by Dan Miller, called "48 Days to the Work You Love". Have you heard of him? He teaches about how and why it is important to find work in the area of your interest and passion, rather than just earning a paycheck. He seems to give simple, practical and relevant advice and the how to's. How to conduct a successful job search, the value of writing a resume, and why following up works. So far, I have brainstormed my passions, gifts, talents and abilities, as well as "transferable skills", by that meaning, things I did in other jobs that could be transferred to a new profession. I just started so I'll have to fill you in later on what, if anything, I got out of it. I think it's gonna be a worthwhile journey!!

No comments: