Monday, August 8, 2011

Heart Motives

The word I've been contemplating today is this: MOTIVE. What is my motive for what I do? That is what I've been thinking about today. I am looking at the REAL REASON (or reasons) for why I do the things I do, whatever those things might be. For example, why do I attend worship service? Or, why do I volunteer within the community? Why do I eat healthy or attend Zumba? Or on and on I could go, right?! I believe that there is value in knowing the truth, whether it be "good" or "bad" is not the issue necessarily. Once truth is known, then it can be properly confessed to Our Maker and Our Creator, and that is that. I know that if I have motives that are impure, or motives that are seemingly pure, regardless, I am DEARLY LOVED. Yes, I have a Father in heaven who loves me, unconditionally, no matter what! And, He loves you too!!

So, what am I saying? I'm saying that I'll be examining my motives, and know that whatever I happen to find, whether pure or impure, or a mixture of both, I am, always have been, and always will be, loved dearly by my Heavenly Father. Does it make sense? I hope so!!

No comments: