Sunday, March 9, 2008

Readjusting to Life in Orange County, California

This is a year of readjusting to life in Orange County. I've decided, and allowed myself time for it. Getting a job at a local cafe was "smooth like butter" (fairly easy). I'm doing well in my job, and am beginning to think I should challenge myself more in my current position. Since returning from Korea last month, I've been struggling with my mood and emotions; I'm not sure why. I'm guessing that returning to Korea, while enjoyable overall, especially in seeing my friends, was also an upsetting experience. Perhaps that time was a "trigger" for me; or, perhaps my age and life's accomplishments, or feeling a lack thereof, has me leaning towards getting down in the dumps. Whatever the reason, I've decided there are several things I could do to get myself going in a better direction. I've realized that I need to expand my social connections, make new friendships, and here is my tentative plan for that process. I miss immensely the friends I had in Korea. Not a day goes by when I don't think of them!

Combat Depression~

Rejoin my yoga class
Study Spanish
Join a small group at church, such as an Anger Management class.
Beginning attending Saturday nite worship at new church.
Call my friends. Be with my friends, and people (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT).
Join a scrapbooking class.
Restart counseling sessions.

No comments: