Monday, May 19, 2008

Inter Cultural Reltationships

I am sooooo happy. Why? Because my sister is in town this week, and we got to spend some time together! (She's been working out of town the past year, so we hadn't gotten to see much of each other lately.) I invited her to try a Korean sauna here in the Orange County (California) area, and she said YES!! Not only did she enjoy it, but my mom did as well. We got the Korean style scrubs and oil massage, and I was so thrilled that they liked it. WE were so relaxed! But, what was interesting to me, was to get their input, feedback and comments on some of the other jim jil bang rooms there too. For example, when we walked into one of the cool/colder rooms, they were like, oh, this is the walkin refrigerator, and oh, the walls are white like the snow!! Yes, there comments were true, but it gave me great pleasure in hearing them. It was theri first experience. I remember my first experience. I didn't like it. Amazing thing is,now I LOVE the sauna/spas and gim jil bangs!! I love to relax there and "de-stress". On another note,we also visited mly granma in Los Angeles. I'llwrite more about it later. but,one thing that sttood out in my heart and mind from that visit were the words and comments made by her. She told us to "enjoy our lives while we were still young". She told us, you've eenjooyed your life with all your travels. It made an impact on me. I'm getting ready to make my "bucket list" now, and rent the video. Until next time...Mon

No comments: