Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Grand Spa in Los Angeles, California

So, yesterday I finished working 5 days in a row at my cashiering job. Typically I work 2 days on 1 day off, or 3 days on then one day off, but this week I had 5 days in a row on, and then 2 days in a row off. So, as soon as I got off work, I headed to the bus stop where I got the bus to Fullerton. From there I was able to take the train into LA, and then a short subway ride into the city. I went to Grand Spa, which is for men and women. I took a wonderful sit-down type of shower. It felt so good. Then, into the pools for me. First the warm soak, then the hot soak, and finally the cold cold soak. My body was loving it. As I was taking my sit down style shower, I was pondering about our drought. We, in California, are in a drought. So, how can we rationalize how much water we use (for the saunas?). I didn't have an answer. My only rationale was that, hey, at least I was using cool water, and therefore less energy, than a hot hot shower! Besides, when at home, I am taking shorter showers these days so as to be more environamentally friendly and concious. So, back to my sauna trip. Then, I just relaxed in the pool rooms, rinsed off with some cool water, and went into the blazing hot steam room for 5 minutes, cooled off, then went to the blazing hot mist steam room for another 5 minutes or so. I tell ya, these rooms were VERY RELAXING to me. It was just what I needed after a 5 day week of work.

Then I opted for some Korean food. I ordered dwen chang chi gae, one of my all time favorites. Oops, I ate a bite of jalepeno and burned my throat, nose, and stomach. My body didn't know what happened to it. I proceeded to eat more carefully after that. By then it was around 11 so I hit the hay until morning time. I slept on these foam pads on the floor where there is heat that comes up from underneath the floor. It was a familiar, cozy feeling to me! I took a sleeping pill to help me sleep better, and was only up once or twice durning the nite to use the bathroom. Come morning time, my body was soooo relaxed by this point, I wanted more! So, I lounged around, half in a doze for a couple more hours, in the tv lounge room in a lounge chair that stretched out. I was so comfortable, and so relaxed. I could have easily stayed there all day!! But, no, I enjoyed a french vanilla latte from the fresh grind vending machine while reading my book, A New Earth. Then it was time to get ready for the day and move on. While I probably can't afford to go to the sauna every week, once in a while is quite fine too. It's $20 to stay overnite, not including train fare, food, and miscellaneous. However, I will say this. That the $20 fee for the sauna was DEFINATELY worth it. I relaxed, and feel rejuvenated. Whatever stress I had the day before have vanished, disappeared, and melted away. Allright, maybe not totally. But, my mental outlook on life improved drastically all from one nite of pleasure with the sauna. This is definately a lifestyle keeper!!!

No comments: