Saturday, June 21, 2008

I'm beating the heat and other things...

Today was sooooo hot!! It was 104 F at noon today; yesterday was 105 F as well. To cool off after work today I went to the movies. Two hours of wonderful air conditioning. I saw the movie "The Love Guru". The audience was rolling with laughter. You should see it if you can. Yesterday after work one of my co-workers, Matt, was kind enough to give me a ride. So, he dropped me off at the park where I took an afternoon nap for 3 hours under a tree!! Oh, how I needed the rest after my 2 days off. I went on Tuesday, right after work, to the sauna, and spent the nite there. It was sooooooo relaxing!! On Wednesday I left the spa around 11, had a late breakfast at The Coffee Bean; it was there that I tried my first ever hazlenut ice blended drink; i loved it!! After a cottage cheese with raspberry topping and an English scone, I headed over to the Yonsei Korean language campus in LA. However, they were not able to see me that day due to other appointments they had. So, I hung out at the pc room (the computer room) for a couple of hours before heading by train back to Orange County. It was a nice day to get out, then at home I relaxed more, napping and watching tv. On Thursday my other day off I ran errands with a friend. Yes, I did it: I bought a Korean style clothes dryer!!! The kind where you hang your clothes from!! I can't believe it, but I did. Actually, I had been wanting one for quite some time now, partly because my landlord charges a dollar in quarters to dry a load of laundry, and I was hoping to save about a dollar a week per load in drying money. Now, I am saving that money, plus the cost of energy it would take to run the dryer too. I am amazed and quite proud of myself, I must say!!! It's strange,to me, a little bit, to live this way, without a dryer, but, at the same time, after living in Korea over 3 years, it doesn't seem so weird. It seems rather economical to me!!

As for my mental condition, right now it is allright. Today at work was slow, probably because of the hot weather. Only one man, who spoke with an accent, called me rude today! As I was taking his order, it was very difficult for me to understand him. I was like, I'm sorry, but I can't understand you. Let's try again. Anyways, I'm glad work is over for today. And, when I think about my life situation right now, meaning, no car, renting a room, low-paying job, little spending money, I think, "allright, Monica, it won't be like this forever". And, I can get by; I can survive. That's when I'm in my RIGHT mind. When I'm optimistic, and hopeful. Like today. But, on other days, when I'm not in a good frame of mind, I think, "no car, no boyfriend/no love, forget it". I know I got enough sleep last night, and, I slept well, so, I feel well rested today. Some days I still struggle with insomnia, and that might affect my thinking as well (being less clear or rational). So, that was my day today. I'm thinking about making chicken enchiladas tonite, tomorrow, or this week when I have time. Tomorrow is Sunday, I go into work at 10 am. And, our weather is supposed to cool down to 85 F. More later...

No comments: