Friday, August 1, 2008

Breathe New Life on Me oh Lord...

I love when we apply the Word of God to our lives, and it works!!

Wednesday night, I was hungry for the Word of God in my life, so I proceeded to study 1Peter, looking specifically for the commands of Christ to obey. Boy, did I find alot! One of the things I learned was how when we are mistreated, even though we might be tempted to mistreat the person who hurt us back, and take a kind of revenge on them, the Bible clearly teaches that we are to return an insult with a blessing for them. Also, we are to be eager to be the first one to give a blessing to others, not to wait for them to bless us. So, as I went into work Thursday morning, armed with a fresh study of the Word of God from the previous night, God did an amazing thing! I was eager to greet my co-workers first, with cheerfulness, rather than wait for them to greet me. Also, Miguel, one of my co-workers, that I often rub edges with, I set out to be extra kind to him. And, guess what? It worked~he was nice to me too. I felt like God had breathed life into his very own words.

Tonight I was eager to read and study the commands of Christ from 2 Peter, and there are many! The theme of my life right now is: "I am growing in becoming a doer of the Word!!!"

No comments: