Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Spiritual Journey...

So last month I had been reading and studying the Bible. I was studying Amos, and 1st and 2nd Peter. One of the things that stood out in my heart and mind was to begin a "Commands of Christ" study where I would focus on the teachings of Christ with an intent to appy them to my life. Amazing! As I began to live like the Word says to, I felt like "this is the way life is supposed to work". When we do things God's way, our lives work better.

So, in 1 Peter God says that we are to seek peace and pursue it. This verse seemed to "pop" out at me, and I began to think where in my life I needed to seek peace and pursue it. Then I thought of my debt, my student loans, and wouldn't it be nice if they were paid off? I began to think about the best way to do that, and boom, then I thought about returning to Korea again for teaching English and paying off my student debt.

Prior to that, I wasn't even thinking about going back. I was focused on my job here and adjusting to life here, in the States. So, I've decided to make some steps towards moving back there, such as applying for positions. So, I'm in the process of waiting to hear back from employer(s) regarding any open teaching positions. In the meantime, I thought I'd ask a few close friends what they thought about me returning and got some feedback from them. Now, I'm waiting and praying for God's timing on when (and if) to go. I'm praying for a surrendered heart to God, whether I stay or go. And, I've also prepared my updated resume for my new job search.

A part of me can't wait to return to Korea now, because fall is such a beautiful time of year in Korea!!! But, who knows the future? Only God knows our future!

No comments: