Friday, January 29, 2010

Gratitude Today

So lately I've been kind of bummed about my living arrangement. I live with 3 other gals and we each have our own room. But, one of the roommates has been out of town for the past 2 months, and I've been left alone with the other 2. I think what a wonderful opportunity for us girls to connect and live in community with each other. This was my unspoken expectation upon moving in. However, my actual experience in living with these women has been anything but. So disappointing. However, instead of dwelling on the disappointment I've decided to look elsewhere for my communal experiences. With my family. With my friends. With new friends too. I spent the holidays with my family. I visited with them more last week. And I made appointments with the girls to connect and reconnect. I feel this is God's way of pushing me out into new, mutually satisfying, edifying relationships! In addition, my roommates are not all bad. They have each contributed something of positive, tangible value to me. One girl lent me an extra bed she had so I could sleep on. Another lent me a desk to use. And a dresser too. I didn't have any of these when I came back from Korea. So, I do appreciate that the girls have helped me out in this way. And I need to choose to just keep thinking positively!

No comments: