Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why Join a Home Group?

I am so glad I joined a home group. There are so many benefits to joining one. Friendships. Friendships with God. Friendship with other believers. Prayer. Prayer to God. Prayer with other believers. Praying for others. Letting others pray for you and lay their hands on you. Worship. Singing songs to God. Talking. Talking about life. The Bible. Learning from God and from each other. I am so glad, and so grateful for the homegroup I get to be a part of at this time in my life. I hope and believe that some of these friendships that are being formed now will last a lifetime. Some of the friends from the group are "old" friends from the past. Others are "new" friendships. But, I love this group, and have immense gratitude in my heart for our group. It is special. My heart feels so full right now. I feel full, fulfilled, and blessed. It is God having poured out his spirit on the group and giving life to us. Yaye, God!!! I hope that if you get a chance you too will join a home group. The benefits to you will last both now and a lifetime, into eternity. You will experience life, and more life!! I thank God for each person in our homegroup; what a blessing each person is, whether they realize it or not. And, that's it for now. Until next time...let's keep our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

No comments: