Monday, January 11, 2010

Trajedy in Death

Senseless. Shock and disbelief. Anger. A range of emotions is what I feel after finding out about the death of a co-worker recently. She was only 18. Hit by a drunk driver. Why was she out so late Saturday nite? Where were her parents and/or guardians? Who can make sense of a young girl dying, when she had so much potential and life to live? What was the purpose of her life? What about God's perspective? When is a person "of age" in God's eyes to be responsible for knowledge of salvation? Was she saved? Where will she spend eternity? These are some of the questions I've been asking myself lately. These are some of the things that I've been grappling with lately. And, the pain her parents, not to mention her boyfriend, are going through. It breaks my heart to know their pain and deep grief. And, why her and not me, or someone else? Why did she have to die? It doesn't make any sense to me. And, the drunk driver; he's ruined his own life. He will have to sit in a jail for the rest of his life, if not the majority of it. He was only 37. So, not only did he ruin a young girl's life, but, he's ruined his own as well. My message is this: friends, don't let friends drive drunk!! Period. And, what about the bar owners? Should they not be held responsible too, after all, they're the ones who served the alcohol. This kind of thing happens everyday. It is especially sad when it hits closer to home. Makes me wake up and kind of take an inventory of life. Makes me want to tell all the people close to me how much I appreciate them. My second message is this: tell the people you love that you love them. Tell the people you appreciate that you appreciate them. Let the people around you know that you care, and are there for them. Make the most of every moment. This is the life. This is what I'm thinking about these days.

No comments: