Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Passion

Tonight one of the questions we discussed was passion. We talked about what is passion, and different people shared their thoughts on what passion is. I liked how David described passion as our default thinking mode, or something to that effect. Passion could be described as what we spend our free time thinking about. It is what we get excited about(Cliff). Passion is reflected in what we talk about (Katie). Passion is how we spend our time. So, with these definitions in mind, I began to think about what passions I had. And, I felt like a few things popped up. One of my strong desires is to master the Korean language. Another way I have enjoyed spending time in the past was through guitar, and specifically, playing gospel songs. I realized from this discussion that is a passion-lost, or a passion-hidden or forgotten. Another thing I am always doing at work is inviting people to come to my church. These three things are my passions. However, I am desiring to think more about what I am exited about, and how I spend my time, to become more clear about what are my passions. I also enjoy blogging here. That might be one of my passions too.

No comments: