Monday, May 9, 2011

Friday Afternoon Job Interview

So, many of you have been asking me how did my interview go? And, I appreciate your interest in my well-being. I hope to share a little bit more about that afternoon interview here. First of all, let me say that it was an extremely short interview! I don't think I was even there for more than 30 minutes! But, having said that, I was under the impression that I would be presenting a sample lesson plan to a panel of 2 to 4 interviewers. But, for whatever reason, I had 1 interview person and I didn't really have to "present" the sample lesson plan that I had brought. However, I was able to show the woman who interviewed me the books and materials that I had brought. She thanked me for bringing them, and, seemed surprised and impressed that I had them. That was my impression anyways.

The anticipation for the actual interview itself seemed worse to me than the actual interview. Once the interview was over, I felt a humongous sense of relief. Yet, prior to it, I was a bunch of nerves! I don't like that about myself, but, this is how I am! Anyways, I also felt my feminine, lady-like side of me, which felt great! Recently, I have lost over 30 pounds due to a change in diet and exercise. Because of that, I have never been this slim in a long long time! I felt so positive about my body image, I cannot even begin to tell you. And, I also recently got a new haircut, that is a little bit more stylish than a ponytail I am used to. I wore earrings and an appropriate outfit along with makeup, and I just felt presentable, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, like I said, the interview itself was short. But, during that time I felt I responded appropriately to most of their questions. Many of the questions seemed "predictable", that is, I could have known that that question would pop up! And, most of my answers I felt were good; there was one question that I had to stammer and stutter through a little bit; it caught me a tiny bit off guard. But, I hopefully recovered well enough.

I'm just glad to say that the interview is over. Now I am having to wait for the results. The interviwer told me she had one more person to interview after me, and that she had interviewed 3 others as well. I'm not sure how many positions are open. But, I am definately very qualified and experienced for the position. They called me back Friday afternoon, but I was driving and didn't hear the phone. So, I called them back and left a message. Then they called me back but I was away from the phone, cooking dinner. So, they left me a message to email them for the status of my interview; which I did. Oh I wish they would just say, "you're hired". But they didn't do that!! I'm hoping that they're calling me is a good sign, but, until I know for certain I hang in there! And, put my trust in God alone who provides for all my needs, sustains and loves me. And, remembering that God is good. God is good and He is working out his plan (for my life). May I keep my eyes on Him.

No comments: