Friday, May 13, 2011

Psalm 57

So, the other day I was reading the Bible. Right now I am trying to read the Bible in a year, so I was on Psalm 57. There is also a book I am reading, called "What to Do With Your Wait" by Matt Hardee. In one of the chapters I was reading, the author was also studying Psalm 57. Coincidence? I began to wonder why did this psalm, psalm 57, show up twice in my life? Why did the psalm show up twice in my life from two different sources; two different unrelated sources? I concluded that God must be speaking this psalm to me; He must want to highlight this psalm to me at this time. Though there are hardships in the author's life (King David), he praises the Lord. He puts his trust in the Lord. I think this is the message God wants to give me right now at this time. I hope this blesses you as it does me.

Psalm 57 (New King James Version)

Psalm 57
–To the Chief Musician. Set to “Do Not Destroy.”[a] A Michtam of David when he fled from Saul into the cave.
1 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed by.

2 I will cry out to God Most High,
To God who performs all things for me.
3 He shall send from heaven and save me;
He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. Selah
God shall send forth His mercy and His truth.

4 My soul is among lions;
I lie among the sons of men
Who are set on fire,
Whose teeth are spears and arrows,
And their tongue a sharp sword.
5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
Let Your glory be above all the earth.

6 They have prepared a net for my steps;
My soul is bowed down;
They have dug a pit before me;
Into the midst of it they themselves have fallen. Selah

7 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and give praise.
8 Awake, my glory!
Awake, lute and harp!
I will awaken the dawn.

9 I will praise You, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing to You among the nations.
10 For Your mercy reaches unto the heavens,
And Your truth unto the clouds.

11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
Let Your glory be above all the earth.


Footnotes:
a.Psalm 57:1 Hebrew Al Tashcheth
New King James Version (NKJV)
Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

Source: www.biblegateway.com

No comments: