Monday, May 30, 2011

Always on My Mind

Korea is always on my mind lately. But, before I jump to the conclusion that I will automatically fly across the Pacific again anytime soon, I'd like to explore or examine why I'm always thinking about Korea.

I think one reason is because I have too much time on my hands lately. My tutoring hours are over for the school year now. And, my summer job has yet to begin. Therefore, I have too much time on my hands and haven't found adequate nor productive ways of utilizing my free time. Hence, a preoccupation with the past life in Korea. Spending my current free time looking at the past, pictures of friends, and reminiscing about the good ole days. The one thing I miss the most out of everything Korea reminds me of is the sense of community we shared. We looked out for each other. We spent time together outside the four church walls; we met together throughout the week not just on Sundays. We had relational connection with each other. THIS is what I miss most of all. That sense of love and belonging; of fellowship and meaningful connection with others.

Even though I am constantly thinking about returning someday to Korea, I am not one to rush into any decisions (ha~I say that now!). Once I begin working this summer I will have less free time to ponder and think about returning to Korea. For now I should probably focus on being productive in some way in the PRESENT!! Yes, I know that is a better solution.

No comments: