Friday, June 17, 2011

Goal Setting

Just wondering how people find, and keep their motivation for life's goals? What have been some ways you have found your enthusiasm and/or kept your focus on something in your life? Please share!!

For example, in January I began a new eating pattern. Since that time I have lost a significant amount of weight!! In the 1st few weeks I was losing 3, 4 and 5 pounds at a time, so that in and of itself was a motivator for me to keep going! I also had a friend, Jane T., speak into my life about her own story. She inspired me with her own success! I think because I saw results in my own life, I just kept with it. And, even though at one point I "plateued" at a certain weight, after 3 weeks of keeping at it I did go down some more!! Knowing that that is a common experience among "dieters" was helpful for me to stick to the program instead of give up.

Now, I feel like I have done so much "hard work" in achieving this new body, so why would I want to go back? I am enjoying my new body so much! I know that sounds like a weird thing to say but it's true! I have not been the size I am now in over 10 years. I don't even know when was the last time I was at this weight. Seriously. Seriously sad. But nevermind. The compliments from people has been another encouraging factor for me. Not a day goes by when someone will say something nice about my new slimmer appearance. I secretly treasure them.

When you have a goal in your life, whether it be physical, financial, professional, social or spiritual, how do you remain motivated to reach your goal? What setbacks have you encountered and what did you do to overcome them? I'm curious to find out what has been helpful to you in achieving your goals in life? How do you even decide which goals you want? I invite you to leave your comments below!! Thanks!!

No comments: