Monday, June 20, 2011

Weight Loss Tips, Part 2

The List of Do's and Don'ts:
~A list of things I did and things I omitted since January 2011

*Eat home made meals at home; no "fast-food" like McDonald's, Carls' Jr., Burger King, and Taco Bell (unless it's a chicken salad)
*When I did eat out, I opted for the chicken salad (Don Jose's has a great one!)
*Drink 8 glasses of water daily
*Do not drink juice or soda
*Read labels
*I gave up peanut butter because of the fat content, though I might slowly re-introduce it back into my lifestyle someday
*Do not eat white flour products, things like cake, cookies, muffins, TORTILLAS (for at least 6 weeks; I stopped for 8 weeks then gradually ate very little).
*Eat the right foods in the right proportions; learn what they are
*Eat only half cup cooked rice daily for carbs other than fruit
*Eat fruit for dessert instead of cake, candies, cookie
*Use honey instead of sugar
*Omit oatmeal daily
*Eat yogurt daily
*Drink nonfat milk
*Eat more lean meat: white meat chicken without the skin, fish
*Use flavorings that are low-cal; omit the mayo, opt for mustard or ketchup instead
*Take a multi-vitamin daily
*Take fish oil daily
*Eat more fruit and vegetables
*Eat a salad every day with low cal dressing and high protein/lean protein
*Drink water in between meals to help curb food cravings
*A little bit of sweets is okay, but not all the time; once in a while eat the cheesecake, but, make it 4 bites!!
*Drink a cup of hot green tea every morning
*Limit sugar and cream in the coffee; little is okay, black is better
*Find a friend to do it together; anything done together is always more fun!
*Watch Biggest Loser; motivates and inspires you!
*Exercise daily, 5 times a week if possible. Even some movement is better than none!
*Get started now; get started today!
*Write it down; keep a food diary!
*Talk about how its going with food buddy.
*Think about what you put into your mouth; I learned that before my lifestyle change I didn't think about what I was putting into my mouth; I just ate when I felt hungry. Sometimes I would consume 4 or 5 slices of pizza in one sitting! Who does that?! I didn't drink enough water either.
*Once I started doing the right things, with intention, my body knew what to do and shed the excess weight. Amazing, right?!

This is a quick rundown of things I did since January 2011. This is a list of most things I did. I lost a significant and noticeable amount of weight. Now I am eager and willing to help others also get fit, healthy and more slim, though I too am still on my way! I cannot imagine how many health benefits I will have experienced through my weight loss. Perhaps I have avoided many obesity-related diseases and health issues: diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol too high, and unknown others?! Thanks God, and thanks Jane, for helping me get to this stage in life. I couldn't have done it without you!! And, I hope to keep it off, for life. I've made the decision: It is a new lifestyle I think.

No comments: