Monday, November 19, 2007

forgiveness

When someone apologizes to you it's an amazing thing. It takes guts and courage to do that. So, when my dad made his apology to me last night, needless to say I was pleased yet flabbergasted. We all make mistakes, hurt each other and say things we later regret. It is such a nice feeling to have this situation cleaned up, especially before the holidays!! I have something to really be thankful for this year; a newness and freshness in my family relationships, at a time before I leave abroad again. What a gift family time can be!! We should choose forgiveness, no matter what. Let God deal with the other person. Forgiveness frees us to live, and, we might even get a response from the other person in due time. Let us follow the way of our Master and Creator.

No comments: