Tuesday, August 14, 2007

a trip to busan


Saturday I had to work in the morning for a couple of hours. Needless to say, I was anticipating the rest of my weekend. I spontaneously planned (now there's an oxymoron) a weekend trip to the southeastern end of the peninsula, to a popular city, called Busan. (I wanted to soak in the sun and enjoy the beach.) I took the highspeed bullet train to make it there in about 2 and a half hours. The weather was gorgeous. I talked with this old man, who was born in Japan, but was Korean, and spoke 3 languages seemingly well. He was interesting, and kind. Anyways, so, once I reached the beautiful sand, expecting a wonderful play day, ah, all I heard were whistles. As I approached the shoreline, all I could see were Korean bodies everywhere but in the water. Apparently they weren't allowing anymore swimming for the day, due to a high surf? Whatever the reason, I was disappointed I had traveled all that way for nothing. The next day it rained, so I kidked it at a local cafe, reading a book. And, this weekend, though I'm planning another trip to a national park, it is supposed to rain I hear. I guess I better be flexible and play it by ear, and have a fun time no matter what the weather!! In this picture I am so excited at the beginning of my trip; I am at the train station waiting to get on the train!

No comments: