Sunday, August 19, 2007

a trip to the mountains

Songnisan mountains...located south of Cheonan, south of Seoul. Went with my dance teacher and one of her friends. I was glad to have traveling companions this weekend. Made the trip more enjoyable, even if their English level was "moderate" at best!! Even though they are Korean, they had never been to this national park before. So I took them and we had a good time. The weather was good, unlike the last 2 weekends. We were surrounded by beauty and nature, waterfalls and a creek. Very very relaxing...very very refreshing...I'll take another trip there perhaps in the fall...at least, I'm thinking about it now...it's kind of like Yosemite...a place you can go to over and over and over, and not get tired of it...but, unlike Yosemite, it's a 3 hour road trip as opposed to an 8 hour or more (haha) road trip from LA. I'll try to put up some pictures for you. My dance teacher gave me a gift for taking her(lipstick), and so did her friend(a Korean sombrero/hat). Ha ha ha...how nice was that? Imagine!

No comments: