Monday, July 14, 2008

God's Heart for Me...

This past Sunday morning I had plans to meet up with a friend, but, as it turned out, God had other plans for me. My friend was a no-show at Starbucks, where I was doing my quiet time from Living Life Devotions. So, I decided to walk to my home church, getting there about 20-30 minutes late. Even in the parking Lot, I ran into an old friend, Rosemary. She's from Kenya, Africa. Three years ago her son was in my Sunday school class! Wow, how he'd grown, twice his former height!! Anyways, it was soooo good to run into Rosemary, and catch up a little bit.

Then, as I was walking to the ladies room I ran into another old friend, Frances and her husband. It was such a blessing to see her also. We ended up chit chatting for a bit, and I sat with her and her husband for the service. After the pastor gave the sermon we had communion time. We broke up into small groups, and, guess who I saw? Another old old friend, Chris!!!!! I have always loved him and his wife, Anka, so, what a blessing it was to see them!!!

I felt blessed that morning, so glad to have attended the morning worship service. Later during the day, God reminded me again that his heart is for me. He's not into ignoring me! He loves me; He forgives me. Our pastor taught on Matthew 11, the pearl of great price. Do we "get it" yet? I can't wait to attend worship service again next week!!!!! Thanks for your prayers, saints!!

No comments: