Monday, July 28, 2008

Shall I Return to South Korea?

So, I'm just pondering, "should I return to S. Korea?"

On the plus side, I've got some pretty good friends there, like Hanna, Soyoung, and Jackie!! Another plus is in being very familiar with Korea, the terrain, the language, the culture.

On the negative side, I'd miss another year of life in the USA with family. Nephews are growing up so fast! Another negative is my mind and mood. I'd have to be prepared for suffering from lonliness, and depression.


My motivation? I have some bills that I'd like to pay off. And, teaching ESL in Korea would enable me to pay those bills in quicker fashion than in doing what I'm doing now. Now I'm barely surviving...just maintaining, and not able to save let alone pay some debts that I have. Another option would be to change jobs here to a higher paying one. But, again, I have the transportation issue~I'm without a car right now. So, I've been wondering if I should do this or not. What do YOU think? Are there any other options you can see or think of that I've not thought of? Thanks for letting me know!!

No comments: