Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Why do I Love korea???

So, I had a day off and what do I do? I go to the Korean spa in LA, where you can stay overnite. (Grand Spa). I got a manicure in the morning. I wish I had my camera, then you too could see and experience the lime green with sparkle she painted on my fingernails. But, above and beyond that, she modeled to me what it means to "be a blessing" to others. First of all, she was soooo nice!! Even though her English was not impressive, she decided she would teach me Korean. Lucky for me, a free Korean lesson!! LOL. Anyways, another customer brought her California rolls for breakfast, and, she shared hers with me! Wasn't that nice? She was so hospitable to me. I learned alot about her as well. She didn't start nails until she was around 46 years old! (Now she's 67). It made me have hope about "starting over" in your "older years". I mean mature years! Hehe. She is a minister's wife. And, she reminded me, in words, that "Jesus loves me". Though as Christians we profess to know this over and over, I am in a place of needing reassurance that it's really true, how much he loves me. And, then this lady, a total stranger to me, decides she's going to tell me about Jesus. So, I was encouraged from my manicure. And, she modeled to me how we can use our everyday lives in worship of our King!

No comments: