Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Love My Job But...

On most days I love my job! It's interesting, and fun, and the time goes by fast. I get to talk with people. I do routine tasks, which I enjoy. And, my coworkers are to me my second family. So, I enjoy myself for the most part. Today, however, was "one of those days" when work was less than pleasant, at least, for a moment, until I was able to recompose myself. I am the cashier at a local bakery and cafe. One lady ordered her sandwich, which she ordered as a "special", meaning, she wanted it her way, not the way we usually prepare it. I told her that she could get the mayonaise at the condiment section over there and pointed, and she said how hard was it for us to add mayo? So, I told her we'd do it for her, no problem. However, that was not enough for her. THEN she said I was acting like it was a big problem for us to add mayo and I told her we'd do it. There really wasn't anything else I could say to her as she was upset I had told her that. THEN she was like, why can't you put mayo on it? YOU NEED AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT she told me. Even though I told her 3 times that we'd add the mayo. Maybe she had a hearing problem. I don't know. But, then I told her she needed an attitude adjustment too!!! So, she asked, I mean, demanded, to speak with my manager. I didn't get in trouble, but, needless to say, I won't be telling guests that their mayo is over there!!

No comments: