Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Life's Blessings..

There is such a peace whenever I go over to my next door neighbor's house, Jenny, friend from college.

After Tuesday's earthquake, I made sure my roommates were okay. Other than a few things fallen over, we were all okay. Just alot of rattled nerves. I remembered my friend and next door neighbor, Jenny, who has 4 boys under the age of 10. I decided to go check on her and see if they were okay. We had a nice visit, talking about the earthquake, and how scared we all were! After some time at her house I left and went about my day. However, as I was leaving, one of her boys invited me over for lunch the next day, being today. Since I had the day off from work, I accepted her invitation and went over there about noon.

It was a nice, and a little bit of a longer than expected time together. She cut up vegetables, like carrots, sunflower root, broccoli, and also 2 cheeses, munster and provolone. Everything was like sooooo fresh! She also had prepared a green tossed salad, and I brought some Korean tea, citron tea, to share with them. As we prepared the meal together, setting the table, she had this lovely routine. One of the boys gets to pick a name from the basket. In the basket are a bunch of family and friends and missionaries that they pray for together. So, they picked out her brother and their family to pray for and that is who we prayed for together before our meal. It was a neat routine that I really really liked!! I thought it was a great way to teach kids about prayer, getting them involved in it, as a natural and everyday part of our lives.

As we spent time together, I thought, wow, isn't God so good? He knows exactly what we need, and gives us what we need exactly when we need it. He knew I needed friends so he gave me Jenny. Not only that, but, he knows I need godly friends, which Jenny is the epitome of! But not only do I need godly friends, I think I need friends of which we have roots together. Jenny and I have been friends since our college days, which was almost 20 years ago. There is a special warmth and comfort that comes from a friend of old, even if we didn't always keep in touch. For whatever reason, God has seen fit to bring us together now for this season of our lives. And, I am thankful. Finally, God also knows that I need and crave family time. Being with her boys definately provides that, and the joys that come from being with young ones.

So, as the saying goes, God is good, and God is good all the time, he has proven himself faithful to me again. And, I am grateful, and I am awed. Smiling...oh, one more thing, her son invited me over again for tomorrow, but I had to gracefully decline due to my work schedule. But, I've promised to go back there next week on one of my days off. Her boys love me!!

No comments: