Monday, July 28, 2008

Suffering...Does God Have a Plan?

Do you ever wonder if there's any purpose in our sufferings? IS there even a purpose to it? What are the things that bring you to suffering? For me, it can be lonliness; feeling unloved; being single at age 40. It can also be working as an "underemployed" person; meaning, I have more skills and training, but, I'm not utilizing them in my field. I'm trained as a professional teacher but I'm currnetly employed as a cashier. I have no car. I have to get around everywhere by foot or bus, or on the goodwill of others. I don't even have my own apartment for I don't earn enough money to pay more rent; consequently, I have to live within my means which means renting a room for now. I feel a sense of "stuckness" in my life, sort of. And yet, I know that I'm "passing through" this season, and that it will accomplish God's purpose in my life, though now I may not be able to see it. Suffering is a natural part of our lives, I've discovered, after reading 1 Peter 4:12,13,14,15. No one ever told me that! I used to think we were supposed to be "happy and blessed" all the time because we're Christians. But, that's only a part of life. Suffering is another part of life that we too must or, do, take part in. Only now am I realizing in greater measure, that suffering has a purpose in God's economy, and I don't have to fight it. I can accept and surrender where I am at in this point in my life, and trust God that He has a purpose for it. (Some people may feel sorry for me, but, they cannot SEE that God is doing a work in me. Just my opinion.) What do YOU think? Do you agree? Do you disagree? What are your thoughts on suffering? Do you have any stories of suffering you can share with me?

No comments: